Scott Belsky on making ideas happen…

“Ideas are cheap and abundant,” proclaimed legendary management consultant and self-described social ecologist Peter Drucker, “what is of value is the effective placement of those ideas into situations that develop into action.”

Scott Belsky’s book, Making Ideas Happen, draws on years of research and hundreds of interviews, from what people who bring ideas to life have in common, to understanding the chemistry of collaboration, how to survive the project plateau, and how to avoid short-circuiting reward systems.

Scott says 1% of the creative process is natural, the other 99% is an acquired discipline. Based on his research, the most remarkable creative leaders in the world, who have made their ideas happen time and time again, spend a lot of time thinking about organisation, how to leverage their community, and how to lead teams in order to push their projects forward.

Scott implores that we focus more on the 99% in order to make ideas happen.

<p>Scott Belsky: How to Avoid the Idea Generation Trap from 99% on Vimeo.</p>

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: